All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Cheese Orange Floats
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. Cheese Powder
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Beat whites till stiff and standing in peaks.
- Boil one cup milk in flat saucepan and keep simmering on low fire.
- Drop 1 tbsp. egg white at a time into the simmering milk.
- Gently spoon a little milk on top and cook the 'float' for a minute.
- Remove with slotted flat spoon and keep aside. Make about eight such
- In the top of a double boiler put the balance cup of milk and whatever
is left over from cooking floats.
- Add 2 tbsp. sugar and bring to boil.
- Remove from fire, cool slightly and add lightly beaten egg yolks.
- Keep over pan of hot water and beat with egg beater till thick.
- Pour into flat serving dish and chill.
- Grate orange rind and keep aside.
- Take out 5 pods and slit each from the back to make two 'petals'.
- Remove pips and save for garnish. Take out the juice from the balance
oranges and mix in the rind, 1 tbsp.sugar and Cheese Powder.
- Carefully pour the orange cheese mixture on top of the chilled custard.
- Arrange the floats in a circle around the dish.
- Place one orange petal between each float.
- Keep two petals in centre.