All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Cheese Tomato Flan
- Rich Cheese Patry
- 100 gm flour
- 50 gm Cheese - grated
- 50 gm Butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 4 fresh tomatoes - skinned, sliced and drained
- 1 Onion - sliced
- 25 gm Butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 100 gm Cheese - grated
- 1 egg
- 1/s tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Sift the flour and seasoning together, rub in the butter.
- Add the cheese and bind with the egg yolk.
- If necessary, add a little cold water as well.
- Roll out firmly and line a deep flan dish.
- Bake in hot oven (190 C, Gas5) for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Put tomatoes at the bottom of the pastry case.
- Fry the onions in butter till transparent and then arrange
on the top of the tomatoes.
- Lightly beat the egg, add milk, 75 gm of cheese and seasoning.
- Pour mixture carefully into the flan case.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the centre of a moderate oven (180 C, Gas 4) for approximately
40 minutes until firm.