All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 6 slices bread
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves
- 6 pods garlic
- 4 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 1 tsp chilli powder (less or more depending on taste)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Serve hot with Tomato ketchup and mint chutney.
- Hold the bread slices together and cut the rough edges.
- Boil potatoes ( the best is to pressure cook them since this will
be the fastest)
- Meanwhile, chop onions, green chillies, coriander, garlic and green
chillies finely. Keep aside.
- Once potatoes are cooled, peel and mash. Add all ingredients except
the bread and oil. Mix well.
- Take a little water in a flat plate and dip the bread slices one
by one in it. Squeeze excess water from the bread slices and keep them
aside on a tissue. Make sure that the slice does not get too soft or
watery or too hard.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan / kadai.
- Take a slice of the wet bread on a dry plate. Spread some potato
mixture on it. Roll the bread slice towards you till the edges meet.
Seal the edges by pressing the bread slice. Pat the roll to even out
edges. This may seem a little difficult at first, but you will get used
to it. Deep fry in hot oil. Repeat for remaining slices.