All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 lb Potatoes, Peeled & Boiled
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cummin seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or corn flour
- 1tbsp oil/ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- Warm water
- Oil for deep frying
- Dice the potatoes into 1/2 in cubes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat . Add the cummin, mustard
and green chilli & when the mustard starts to splutter, add the
potatoes, tumeric, chilli, coriander, salt. stir fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Put aside. Cool.
Serve hot with Toor Dal & Coriander Chutney.
- Mix flour, salt, oil/ghee & make a tight dough
- Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into balls. (tennis ball size).
- Take a ball, flatten it on a slightly floured surface & roll
into a round of 3 in across. Place 2 tbsp of the filling in the center
and fold up the edges enclosing the filling completely. Press the ball
(bati) lightly in between your palm
- Take water in a saucepan for boiling. Put the bati into boiling water
& boil it on medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- Take out bati when done & keep aside, till it cool(about 30 minutes).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Put as many bati as
you can into the hot oil & fry until crisp & golden. Drain.