All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 cup chana dal
- Green chillies
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
- Onions-1 large
- Dill/mint optional
- Oil for frying
Serve hot with coconut chutney or coriander / mint chutney.
- Soak the chana dal for 2-3 hrs.
- Drain the water, and grind the dal without water (or very little
water) into a coarse paste.
- Chop the onion, coriander leaves, curry leaves, dill / mint and green
chillies finely and add to the ground dal. Add salt to taste. Mix well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture, flatten them slightly by patting
on your palm.
- Heat the oil in a kadahi. Deep fry the vadas till golden brown.
- Remove excess oil with paper towels.