All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Masoor dal (orange in color) 500 grams
- 1 big onion - chopped
- Cilantro - chopped
- Salt - according to taste
- Green Chillies - also according to taste
- Tamarid - thick paste sort for chatni
- Jaggery - equal amount to tamarid
- Red Chilli powder - according to taste
- Salt for chatni - according to taste
- Soak masoor dal over night. Grid it carefully with less water and
green chillies. You should have a thick paste sort (do not grid to smooth
paste), which should enable you to make balls. It should not stick in
your hand when you make balls.
- To this coarse paste add salt, chopped onions,cilantro.
- Now, if you have corn cooker,you can make balls out of paste and
steam them in corn cooker or else in a big mouth vessel, pour water
and tie a new cotton cloth to the vessel's mouth.Bring water to boil.Then
prepare balls of masoor paste and steam them with a closed lid.
- Take hand full of thick paste of tamarid
- Add very little water
- Add equal amount of jaggery to tamarid paste
- Add salt according to taste
- Add red chilli powder also according to taste
- Add few cilantro leaves if you want
- Bring to just one single boil .