All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Masoor Dal and Carrot Muthia
- 2 Cups Masoor Dal
- 1/2 lb Carrots
- 1 1/2" Piece of Ginger
- 2 Tbl. Spoon Brown Sugar
- Salt to Taste
- 50 Gms Cooking Oil
- 2 T. Spoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Grated Coconut
- Bunch of Green coriander
- 1/2 Cup Besan
- 6 to 8 Green hot chillies
- 4 Tbl. Spoon Lime Juice
- Pinch of Hing
- 1/2 T. Spoon Baking Powder
- 2 T. Spoon Muster Seeds
- 2 Green Chillies
- Soak Masoor Dal over night in water.
- Next day grind Dal with 6 to 8 Hot green chillies and a piece of
- Grate Carrots and mix with ground Dal and Besan.
- Add Lime juice, Sugar, Salt, Hing and Baking powder.
- Pour the mix in a container and cook it in a Pressure Cooker.
- When cooked let it cool down and cut the mix in to 1/2" cubes and
- Heat cooking oil in a pan, add Mustard seeds, Sesame seeds and Hing.
When done add cut cubes of Muthias and two green chillies finely chopped
and mix them well stirring few times.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and grated coconut.