All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 2 cups dry red (chouli) beans
- 250 grms red pumpkin
- 1 cup grated coconut (fresh)
- 1 tspoon cummin seeds
- 5 flakes of garlic
- 2 dry red chillies
- Salt and a pinch of turmeric
- 2 tspoon oil
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 tspoon mustard seeds
Serve with rice or roti.
- Pressure cook the dry red beans with salt and a pinch of turmeric
in 3 cups water.
- Peel red pumpkin and chop into medium size cubes and boil with little
water in a separate vessel till tender.
- Meanwhile, take a pan and roast the grated coconut in very little
oil till brown.
- Add to this cumin seeds, garlic flakes and red chillies and saute
- Take care not to burn the mixture. Remove from flame, cool and grind
to a course paste.
- Mix the cooked pumpkin to the boiled beans well.
- Add the coconut paste to this mixture and mix well.
- Heat oil, crackle mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Pour this on the curry. Mix well.