All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Moong Ke Khaste
- 1 cup yellow moong dal
- 3 cups maida
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp amchoor
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Serve with tamarind and jaggery chutney.
- Soak the moong dal overnight and then grind it with as little water
- Dry roast coriander seeds & cumin seeds and crush them coarsely.
- Add coriander & cumin seeds mixture, red chilli powder, garam
masala, amchoor, salt chopped green chillies and ginger to dal and mix
- Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, preferably non stick, and add the above
dal mixture to it.
- Stir it continuously till it dries. First it will form a lump and
then eventually after continuous frying it will break in a smooth mixture
for filling. Take care that it doesn't stick to the pan or gets burnt.
- Mix about 3 tbsp oil and a little salt to the maida and mix it well
- Knead a tight smooth dough using hot water.
- Now take small cubes from the dough and place ½ tsp of filling
in it and close it carefully. Now press it carefully with a rolling
pin with not exerting much pressure and just giving them a flat shape.
- Now heat oil in a deep pan and deep fry the khastas on a low flame
till they turn golden brown.