All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 4 cups gram flour
- 1 tspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tspoon turmeric powder
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 dry coconut graded
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tbspoon poppy seeds
- 1 tspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tspoon cumin seed
- 1 tspoon dry coriander seed powder
- 1 tspoon garam masala
- 1/2 tspoon red pepper powder
- 1 tspoon lime juice
- 1/2 tspoon sugar 2 pinches asafoetida
- 2 tbspoon oil
- A plastic sheet greased lightly with oil
- 2 tbspoon fresh coconut
- 2 tbspoon cilantro
Serve with tomato ketchup or imli chutney.
- Boil water in a heavy vessel. Add ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric.
- Let boil for 5 minutes.
- Then add gram flour and mix well. Avoid lumping.
- Let it be on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- In a sauce pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, cumin seeds,
poppy seeds, sesame seeds.
- Let all pop. Then add onion and fry till crisp golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and fry for next 4 to 5 minutes till everything
- Then roll the well steamed besan dough into a big round bread on
a plastic sheet.
- Put the stuffing on it and spread all over the bread and fold the
bread rolling from one end to another leaving the sheet behind like
a spring roll.
- Then cut into 2 cm pieces.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and fresh graded coconut.