All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Urad Dal Ki Kachori
- Urad dal (split) 1/2 cup
- Red chillis ground 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed 1/2 tsp
- Wheat flour 1 1/2 cups
- Oil or Ghee 4 tsp
- Water 1/2 cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
Serve hot with hot pickle, chutney.
- Soak the dal in water overnight. Drain and grain it to a fine paste.
- Heat half the oil and fry dal paste till dry. Then mix cumin seeds,
chillis and salt.
- Mix flour, remaining oil, salt and water to make a dough. Knead it
well and make a stiff dough. Cover it with a damp cloth and keep it
aside for half an hour.
- Make small ball like tikki.
- Put one tablespoon of dal paste in the centre of each tikki. Pinch
the edges together to form a ball again. Roll out into 2 inches chapatis.
- Heat the oil and deep fry these kacauris till light brown and puffed.