All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Moong Dal Uttappam
- 2 Cups Long Grain Rice
- 1 Cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 1/2 Cup Chana Dal
- 4-5 Nos Green Chillies
- 1/2 inch Ginger Root
- 4-5 Nos Garlic Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Coriander/Cilantro leaves
Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- Soak rice & dals separately for 8-10 hours in plenty of water.
- Drain the water. Grind rice & dals in mixer. Add little water
as reqd. and make it into a coarse paste. Mix all pastes & allow
the batter to ferment well (approx 10-12 hrs).
- When the batter has risen significantly, it is ready to use. Add
crushed green chillies, garlic, ginger, salt, coriander leaves, 4 tsp
Oil to the batter & mix well.
- Add water to get the consistency of uttappam
- Heat tawa/griddle on medium flame. Pour 1 tsp oil & when oil
starts fuming spread 2 big tsp of batter evenly.
- Add finely chopped onions
- When crisp remove.