All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Yellow Split Moong Dal - 1 cup
- Urad Dal - 1 cup
- Black Pepper - 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves - 2 tsp finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tsp finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Green Chillies - 5 to 8 finely chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece grated
- Cashew Nuts - 2 tsp broken into small pieces
- Raisins - 2 or 3 tsps
- Salt - To Taste
Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
- Soak the Moong Dal and Urad Dal together for 6 hrs.
- Drain the dals and grind it into a smooth batter with less amount
of water till it is fluffy.
- Add salt to taste and allow the batter to ferment for 6 to 8 hours.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan, first add black pepper and cumin seeds
and fry for a few seconds and take them out of the pan and coarsely
powder and add to the idli batter.
- Then add cashew pieces, turmeric powder, asafoetida, curry leaves,
ginger and green chillies, fry for a few seconds and mix it with the
- Add chopped coriander leaves just before steaming the idlis.
- Now place some raisins on the greased idli plates and then pour the
batter and steam them for 15-20 minutes just like regular rice idlis.