All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 large Brinjal (with seeds)
- 1 small Onion
- 7 flakes of Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 2 green Chillies
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Coconut
- Some curry leaves.
- Little oil
- Little mustard seeds
- Little turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Serve it hot with rice or chapaties.
- Roast the whole Brinjal on a gas stove till the outer skin cracks
and can be easily peeled of (hold the Brinjal by the stem while doing
it). This will make the Brinjal soft.
- Cut the Brinjal and mash it
- Meanwhile, in a pan heat some oil, crackle mustard seeds, and add
the chopped chillies, garlic, ginger, onion and curry leaves.
- When the onions change color, add the salt and turmeric powder. Saute
- Now add the mashed Brinjal and mix well.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Cover it with the lid and let it cook for 3 or 4 more minutes. Don't
add any water.