All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Curry leaves - 2 cups
- Black pepper - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Tamarind - lime sized ball
- Mustard - 1 tsp
Serve with rice.
- Pick, clean and wash curry leaves.
- Soak tamarind in water, boil if necessary and extract the puree.
- Heat oil in a pan add pepper, when it splutters add the curry leaves,
fry for a few minutes, remove from fire, allow to cool add water and
grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, when it splutters, add the curry
leaves paste and tamarind puree and one cup of water.
- Add salt and turmeric and allow to simmer till the mixture reduces
to less than half its quantity or till it reaches a thick gravy consistency.