All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 200 gms of aval or poha
- 1 small onion
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 cup tamrind juice
- 3 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 red chillies
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp blackgram dhal
- 2 tsp bengalgram dhal
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Curry and coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- Take a flat, large bowl and wash the poha in water. Do not allow
the water to stay and drain immediately without any traces of water.
Then soak the aval in the 1/2 cup tamrind juice for about 15-20 minutes
along with a pinch of salt.
- Grind the coriander seeds, red chillies, black pepper, blackgram
dhal, bengalgram dhal after frying them in a tsp of cooking oil. Grind
them into a fine texture.
- Then take a large pan and pour some cooking oil and add the mustard
seeds and allow them to splutter. Then add the cut green chillies. Then
add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder and then add 1/2 tsp of blackgram dhal
and allow it to turn to a light brown colour. If onion is added then
it should be fried till it turns transparent in colour.
- Then the poha should be added. By this time it would have absorbed
all the tamrind juice. Then add the grounded masala to the poha. And
stir the mixture well till the poha is coated with the masala well.
Just check for salt and add more if needed.
- Keep the pan covered for about 2-3 minutes and garnish with the curry
and coriander leaves just before serving.