All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Raw Banana Podimas
- 4 Raw bananas for cooking
- 3 small green chillies
- Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Broken Urad Dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
- Oil to season
Serve with Sambhar rice, Rasam Rice or simply with curd.
- Cut the bananas into half and boil them just for five minutes in
high flame. If cooked too much, you may not be able to grate it.
- Remove from fire and cool them. About 15 minutes.
- Remove the skin. Grate the banana, mix salt and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, add oil and season urad dal, jeera and mustard.
When mustard pops, add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and aesofoetida.
During this process, keep the flame in medium to low medium.
- Add the grated banana. Mix with the seasoning. Switch the flame off.
- Add grated coconut. Mix once more. Add lemon juice. Mix again.