All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 4 medium sized ripe mangoes.
- 7 cups sour yoghurt / curds. (unsweetened) Whisked without lumps.
- 10 Green chillies, 1 Red chilly
- 2 cups fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 spoon turmeric powder
- 2 spoons brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 spoon mustard seeds
- 1 spoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 Red chillies broken
- 10-15 Curry leaves
- 1 spoon refined. Oil.
Serve with rice, dosas or chapatti.
- Dunk the mangoes for 1/2 an hour in hot water.
- Then roll them between the hands or on a hard surface till you feel
them go squishy within the skin.
- Then remove the stem head with a knife and gently remove the skin
and put skin in a bowl with 1 cup water.
- Now sqeeze the pulp into the heavy bottom pan in which the dish is
to be prepared, do the same for all the mangoes.
- Now sqeeze the skin of any flesh sticking to it into the water and
add the water to the mango pulp for cooking.
- Simmer with salt and turmeric for 15 min on low flame till the raw
- Add brown sugar.
- Blend the chillies and coconut into a fine paste with 1/2 a cup water.
- Add to cooked mango pulp.
- Add yoghurt. Stir.
- Turn flame high.
- Keep stirring till the liquid starts bubbling aroud the sides of
- Remove from flame or the yoghurt breaks.
- Heat ref. oil in a frying pan, put in the fenugreek seeds, wait till
they change colour, put in the mustard seeds, switch off when they crackle,
drop in the curry leaves and broken chillies, and stand back.
- Transfer kadhi into serving bowl and top with the garnish.