All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Grinded Coconut Sambar
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 pinch hing
- 2 or 3 red chilli
- 1/4 cup tuvar dal
- 1/4 tsp fengreek seeds
- Curry Leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut if using dried one
- Fresh ones use half of the coconut
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 small ball size tamrind
- 1 big one onion
Serve hot with rice, dosa or idli
- Boil tuvar dal and keep aside.
- Put the tamrind in 2 cups water and keep aside.
- Fry all the ingredients except for rai, onions & urad dal, fry
the coconut last in the slow flame for 2 minutes, then grind the above
mix with little water.
- Do now all the raw materials are ready for the delicious sambar.
- Take a vessel put oil, put the urad dal and mustard seed till it
splutters, put onions (You can use any vegetables like brinjals, or
raddish, potatoes instead of onions) and fry till golden brown, put
the tamrind paste and boil till the onions softens, it is usually 5
to 8 minutes, then add the grinded paste, boil for 5 minutes then add
the boiled daal then cook for 2 minutes, this was your last stage of
your sambar, just decorate with your dried leaves, for flavour, or you
can add these leaves when you are frying the onions.