All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Rice 2 cups
- Toor Dal 3/4 cup
- Coarsely crushed peppercorns 2 tsps
- Cumin seeds 1 1/2 tsp
- Ginger 1 1/2 inches long cut into tiny bits
- Cashew nuts 5
- Ghee 3 tsps
Serve with coconut or onion chutney.
- Cook the rice and dal together either in a pressure cooker or in
a vessel directly on the stove.
- The two should be cooked till soft.
- In a seperate pan add the ghee and when it is hot fry the cashew
pieces in it.
- When the pieces turn brown add the crushed peppercorn and the cumin.
- When they splutter add ginger and fry.
- Add the cooked mixture of the rice and dal to it with salt according
to your taste.Mix well.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee over it.