All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Lentils (Thuvar dhal) - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 big
- Tomato - 1 small
- Tamarind - small Lemon sized
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1 pinch
- Green chillies - 2
- Sambhar powder - 2 tsps
- Turmeric powder - little
- Salt to taste
- Sliced Radish - 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbl.sp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Fenu Greek - 6-7 seeds
- curry leaves - littlep
- Grated Coconut - 6 tbl.sps
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Pressure cook the Thuvar dhal with Radish until it becomes mashed.
(3 whistles will be enough) Keep it aside.
- Cut the onion, tomato, & green chillies. Extract the juice from
- In a pan heat the oil, add the mustard seeds, fenu greek seeds, urad
dhal. Let them to crackle. Add curry leaves.
- Now add the onion, tomato, & green chillies. Fry them until it
becomes little soft.
- Add the tamarind extract, turmeric powder,asafoetida & sambhar
powder. Add the salt to taste. Let it to boil for 3 minutes.
- Add mashed thuvar dhal, & radish. Mix it well. Then add the ground
paste. Boil it for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Garnish with some corriander leaves.