All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 cup moong dal (without skins)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh coconut cut into small pieces or shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 cardamoms
- 4 tablespoons of raisins and cashews
- 2 cups milk
- 21/2 cups water
- Dry roast the moong dal on medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes till it
becomes light pink and a nice aroma arises.
- Cook the rice and moong dal in 2 cups milk + 2 1/2 cups water in
rice cooker or on stove in a pan.
- In the meantime, while it is cooking melt the 3 tablespoons of ghee
and fry the raisins and cashews on medium heat till cashews turn light
golden, drain them and and fry coconut pieces or shredded coconut in
the same ghee till golden. Set all these seasoning aside. Crush the
cardamom to powder.
- When the rice gets cooked remove the rice and place it in a pan large
enough to hold it and the sugar. Add sugar, cook on medium heat till
all the sugar is absorbed. Stir it often to avoid burning.
- After the sugar has been absorbed add 1/2 cup ghee and turn off the
- Add the fried coconut, cashews, raisins and cardamom powder.
Stir it and let it stay on the stove for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Afterwards remove from heat.