All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Toor dal
- One spoon channa dal
- One and half teaspoon coriander seeds
- One and half spoon dried coconut
- One spoon black peppercorns
- Two or three dried red chillies
- Half teaspoon cumin
- Green leaves
- Two table spoons oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
- Half a tea spoon mustard seeds
Serve with warm rice and papad
- Cook the toor dal in salt and water till it is completely done. (30
to 45 minutes.)
- Fry the rest of the ingredients in oil or ghee starting with the
channa dal till they turn golden brown.
- Turn the heat off and add the dried coconut and mix.
- Grind these with a little amount of to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the toor dal.
- Stir well and boil the mixture once again. (10-15 minutes.)
- Season with mustard green leaves and asafoetida.