All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Medium-sized tomatoes - 4 no.s
- Medium-sized onions - 2 no.s
- Green chillies - according to taste
- Grated coconut (dry or fresh) - 1/2 cup
- Ginger - a small piece
- Curd - 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Salt - according to taste
- Any other masalas - optional
- Curry leaves - one handful
- Cooking oil - one tsp
Serve hot with rice or chappatis.
- Cut the tomatoes and the onions into thin long pieces.
- In a vessel, heat a little oil, and fry the cut onions until they
turn light brown.
- Add the cut tomatoes, salt and turmeric powder.
- Let the vegetables cook for about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, grind together,
the coconut and green chillies, along with the curd into a smooth paste.
- Add this mixture to the vegetables and mix.
- Let it cook for just another minute or two and remove it from the
- Season with curry leaves and mustard.