All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup masoor dal
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 green chillies
- A few curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tbl spoon ghee
- 1 tbl spoon oil
- 1 tbl green coriander
Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- Wash rice and dal and drain water completely.
- In a large sauce pan, heat ghee and oil on medium heat. Slit green
chillies length wise. Fry the green chillies, curry leaves, pepper powder
- Add the rice, dal and asafoetida to this and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add 4 1/2 cups of water, salt and cover the sauce pan.
- Cook it on medium heat till rice and daal become very soft and keep
stirring in between to avoid burning. Add more water if necessary.
- Garnish with coriander.