All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu
- Lentils(Toor dhal) - 1 cup
- Red chillies - 2 or 3
- Asafoetida- small piece
- Grated coconut - 3 spoons
- Tamarind - small piece
- Coriander leaves
Serve hot with Plain rice.
- Soak Toor dhal in water for 45 minutes, grind it with chillies and
asafoetida into a coarse semisolid batter.
- Mix it with grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves and salt.
- Soak tamarind in water, strain well and boil this solution with salt.
- Make small balls out of the dhal batter and put a few balls in the
boiling tamarind water.
- When the dhal balls are fully cooked, they rise up to the surface.
- Remove those balls and add the remaining balls for cooking.