All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- White pumpkin, one slice
- Jeera seeds 2 table spoon
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies 2 or 3
- Curry leaves 1 arc
- Coconut 2 pieces
- Channa dal 1 tablesppon
- Tamarind juice 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Curry powder or Sambar powder 1 tablespoon.
- Salt .
Serve hot with fresh curry leaves floating on the top of kootu.
- Cut the pumpkin into small square pieces.
- Heat the Tava and dry fry Chenna dal just for a minute or so, till
the dal turns from yellow to light brownish yellow.
- Pour 2 glasses of water over the dal in the tava.
- Put the cut pumpkin also into the tava.
- Sprinkle the turmeric powder and cover the pan. Let the flame be
of medium intensity.
- Sprinkle the curry powder too.
- Also put the turmeric juice.
- Put the salt.
- Cut coconut, green chillies, jeera seeds in a mixer or blender and
grind them into a watery pulp
- Pour more water as needed in the tava.
- Once the pumpkin gets 3/4 th cooked pour the ground mixture too and
let it boil
- Also fry the mustard, urad dal, Asaoefoetida in oil, may be take
another small pan and fry them till mustard pops and urad dal turns
- Once the punmpkin is cooked put the fried stuff on it.