All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 6-10 Arvi leaves
- 2 cups rice soaked in water for 4-5 hours
- 2 tblspoon coriander seeds
- 4-6 Red chillies
- Tamarind soaked in water
- 1/2 scraped coconut
- A pinch of turmeric
Serve them hot with butter or ghee.
- Clean the arvi leaves in running water and remove the stem. Keep
- Grind together coconut, jaggery, tamarind water, red chillies, rice
, coriander seeds, turmeric to form a thick paste. Make sure that you
don't add much water as the paste has to be applied to leaves. Add salt
according to taste to this paste.
- Take a arvi leaf and spread this paste on the leaf by hand and keep
another leaf on this and again spread some paste. You can bind together
like this 3-4 leaves.
- Make a roll and steam it in rice cooker.
- It takes atleast 30-40 mins in Rice cooker for steaming.