All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 Cup Bengal gram dal (chana dal)
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar /jaggery powdered (adjust according to taste)
- 8 Cardamoms
- 1/2 cup maida
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup oil
- Wash dal and cook with just enough water. Dal must be cooked very
- Mix maida, wheat flour and a pinch of salt adding water.
- Make hard dough of it and knead it by adding oil (4 tablespoons)
slowly till the dough becomes very soft and pliable.
- Keep it covered for about 2 hours.
- Take the cooked dal, drain out any extra water and mash it well or
put it in a blender and mix it with sugar/jaggery and a pinch of salt.
- Heat the mixture on low flame till almost dry.
- Cool it and add powdered cardamom and make it into 10 or 12 equal
- Knead the maida mixture and divide it into equal number of balls.
- Take a plastic sheet and put a few drops of oil and spread the maida
ball on it with hand, thin at the edges and thick in the middle.
- Put the sweet ball in the middle and cover it by bringing the edges
- Repeat the procedure for all the balls.
- Flatten each ball with hand into 6" to 8" diameter flat circular
chapati carefully with the help of a few drops of oil and fry it on
low flame on tava.