All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Ginger Saffron Ice Cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 9 extra large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh peeled, chopped, ginger
- 2 pinches of fresh saffron
- Pinch of fresh ground nutmeg
- Bring milk, cream, saffron and vanilla to simmer in a heavy medium
- Gradually whisk egg yolks and 1/4 cup of sugar in hot milk mixture
in medium bowl.
- Return to sauce pan and stir over medium-low heat until custard thickness,
do not boil.
- Strain custard in bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup sugar, water, ginger, nutmeg, in sauce pan
until sugar dissolves until resembles syrup.
- Strain mixture into custard and refrigerate.
- Process the custard in an ice-cream maker accordingly to manufactures
- Transfer to containers and freeze.