All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Maida flour (2 cups)
- Butter (4 tsp.)
- Almonds (few)
- Cashewnuts (few)
- Shredded coconut (200g)
- Cardamom (few)
- Powdered sugar (1/2 cup)
- Milk Maid (1/2 cup) (condensed milk)
- Raisins (few)
- Pisthachio nuts (few)
- Hot sugar syrup
- Cloves (few)
- Cooking oil
- To maida, add butter and mix them well. Sprinkle water to obtain
hard dough. Keep aside for 1-2 hour.
- Mix ingredients together(except maida flour and butter for stuffing
- Prepare hot sugar syrup by dissolving sugar in water, heating to
get one string consistency.
- Flatten dough (to approx. 5-6 cm in dia.) and place stuffing
on it. Fold the dough in such a way that the stuffing is securely held
in place inside. One way to secure this filling is by piercing the clove
through the folds.
- Fry this stuffed dough in oil and place these in the hot sugar syrup
for 2-3 minutes.
- Backlava is ready for serving.