All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 20 Carrots
- 2 cups Milk
- 1-2 cups sugar
- Raisins and cashews
Serve cold or hot.
- Grate the carrots preferrably using a hand-held grater, if not use
- Soak this grated carrots in milk, make sure it is completely soaked.
- Cook the mix in a pressure cooker until you hear 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure dies down, make sure the carrots are well cooked,
but not mashed.
- Now pour 2-3 spoons of ghee in a wide-mouthed vessel.
- Pour the cooked carrot/milk mix into the vessel.
- Add the sugar (about 1-1/2 cups).
- Let this mix boil.
- Stir constantly
- Once it has reached the required level of solidification, fry some
raisins and cashews in ghee, in a separate vessel.
- Spread the halwa in a plate and decorate the raisins and cashews
on the top.