All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Poppy Seeds Halwa
- Poppy Seeds 1/4 kg
- Milk 1 litre
- Milk Cream 1small bowl
- Sugar 1 kg
- Dry coconut 1/2
- Clarified Butter 1/2 kg
- Cardamom Powder 1tspn
- Dry fruits
- Soak the poppy seeds in water overnight. Water should be in
- Grind to a paste. Take a deep vessel. Add ghee, add the poppy seeds
paste and keep on stirring till light brown.
- Add milk and dry coconut.
- Stir it till the paste absorbs the milk.
- Next add milkcream and stir well.
- Add sugar and keep on stirring so that the paste does not touch the
bottom of the pan.
- When you find it is dry remove from flame and garnish it with cardamom
powder and dry fruits.