All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Mixed Vegetable Halwa
- Potato - 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
- White pumpkin - 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
- Carrot - 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
- Moong dal - 2 cups
- Sugar - 4 1/2 to 5 cups
- Cardamom - 4-5 pods (powdered)
- Cashew - 10
- Ghee - 1 cup
Serve warm or cold.
- Cook all the vegetables with very little water, till tender. Drain
off all the excess water.
- Now grind the cooked veggis into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Fry moong dal till it produces nice aroma.
- Soak the fried dal for 1 hour in water then cook and grind it into
a smooth paste.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, add the vegetable paste, moong dal paste,
sugar and ghee.
- Cook till it reaches halwa consistency. Take it off the heat.
- Fry cashew halves in a little ghee and add to it. Add cardamom powder
to the halwa.