All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 lt cow's milk
- Juice of 1 medium sized lemon.
- 1 tsp refined flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp rose essence
- Boil the milk and let it cool in room temperature. Skim the milk
of the cream.
- Again boil the milk and when it begins to boil add the lime juice
and continue boiling until the whey separates out.
- Cover the vessel for 15 mins.
- Take a muslin cloth and strain the curdled milk. Lightly press to
strain of the water.
- Hang this for 1/2 hour and then place a heavy weight of say 5 kgs
for about 1 hour.
- The end product is the chenna.
- Take the chenna on a dry surface and knead with hand for about 3
- Then add refined flour and continue to knead for about 5 mins.
- Meanwhile ,in a pressure cooker boiled sugar, essence and water to
form a thin syrup.
- Make small balls of the chenna mixture and place then in the cooker.
- Cover and cook for 7 mins or until 2 whistles in medium flame.