All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Khus Khus Payasam
- 2 tbsps long grain rice
- 2 tbsps poppy seeds
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 50 gm jaggery
- 10 tbsps sugar
- 1/2 cup desicated coconut
Serve it hot or cold dessert.
- Allow the milk to boil, in a pan at low heat.
- In another vessel, put jaggery, sugar and 1 cup water and keep it
to boil at medium heat till it becomes thick.
- Take another pan and dry roast rice & poppy seeds.
- Grind the fried rice & poppy seeds with coconut into a smooth
paste with very little water.
- Add this fine paste to the thickened jaggery syrup and boil for about
- Add this to the boiling milk and boil for about 10 mins.
- Remove all coarse elements from this liquid by filtering it in a
drainer or colander.