All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 50 gm puffed rice (murmura) - washed and soaked in water for 2 hours.
- 60 gm mawa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Oil for frying
- 90 gm Cheese-grated
- 90 gm mawa
- 100 gm sugar
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts-chopped
- 2 tsp grated coconut
- 1 tbp raisins-chopped
- 1tsp chironji-chopped
- 200 gm sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp rose essence
- Silver foil for decoration
Serve warm decorated with silver foil.
- Prepare syrup by boiling together the sugar and water.
- Add milk and remove the scum as it surfaces.
- Boil till 3 cups of clear syrup are obtained.
- Remove from fire and flavour with essence and caedamom powder.
- Keep aside.
- Cook the mawa for stuffing in frying pan till it is golden brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredents and mix well, form into small balls
and keep separately.
- Squeeze out the water from the puffed rice and mix it with the rest
of the ingredents for Jamuns except oil. Knead well and from into as
many balls as the number of stuffing balls you have.
- Flatten out the puffed rice balls on the plam of your hand and place
a mawa ball on it.
- Fold over adn close sides to make an oval Jamun.
- Deep fry on low fire till dark brown.
- Drain well and immerse in warm syrup for an hour.