All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 2 cups slightly coarse wheat flour
- 1+2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp ajwain seeds
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup toor dal
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 3-4 green chillies splited in between
- 1/2" piece ginger crushed
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard and cumin seeds
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3-4 cups water
- Mix all ingredients (take 1 tbsp ghee only) and make very stiff dough.
- Cover and keep for an hour.
- Kneed till amooth and round.
- Make small balls from dough say of the size of tennis balls.
- Place these balls called batis in the oven for 8-10 minutes to half-bake.
- Remove from oven, take a kadai pour remaining 2 tbsp ghee.
- Then in that ghee add those half-baked batis and cover.
- Keep flame low and cook for 8-10 minutes, in between change the sides
of batis, till light brown in colour.
- Wash and pressure cook dal in 2 cups of water.
- Cool,beat dal with whipper adding some more water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan and add the seeds.
- Also add crushed ginger,curry leaves,green chillies,chopped tomato,asafeotida
and stir for a minute.
- Now add red chilli powder,turmeric powder,dhania powder and some
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes,add salt.
- Add beaten dal.
- Check taste for salt and spiceness.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.