All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Gram flour 1 cup
- Buttermilk 1 cup
- Water 2 cups
- All purpose flour 1 tsp
- Green Chillies 4
- Shredded coconut 1/2 cup
- Oil 1 tbs
- Coriander 1 tbs
- Asafoetida 3-4 pinches
- Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl add gram flour, all purpose flour, buttermilk and water.
Mix it well till it forms a smooth batter.
- Add green chillies and salt to taste.
- Mix grated coconut and chopped coriander. If you like, you can add
some green chillies to this mixture.
- Heat the oil. Add mustard seeds to it. When Mustard seeds crackles
add asfoetida. Cool this seasoning.
- In the meantime, on a medium flame cook the batter by stirring continuously.
You have to take special care during cooking as there should not be
lumps in the batter as it solidifies.
- Continue stirring till the batter when dropped from the ladder forms
- Immediately place this mixture on the half portion of a plastic sheet.
Cover it with the remaining half portion. Lightly spread the mixture
with the help of rolling pin to form a thin film of batter.
- Garnish it with seasoning and coconut-coriander mixture.
- Cut the spread sheet vertically into thin strips of desired width.
Then roll each strip into Vadi.