All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Bitter Gourd Porial
- Bittergourd-1/4 kg
- Finely chopped onions-3 Tbl.sps.
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Grated jaggery-1 or 2 Tbl.sps.
- Tamarind-small lemon sized
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Dhania powder-1 tsp
- Powdered sesame-1 Tbl.sp. (dry roast sesame seeds and then powder)
- Salt-as required
- Oil for frying
- Select bitter gourd which is little whitish in colour (less greener)
- Chop into small pieces after removing the inner seeds.
- Smear salt over this and keep aside for an hour.
- Squeeze well and remove excess water secreted.
- Cook in water to which salt, turmeric, tamarind is added till soft.
- Drain water completely.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, curry leaves and then onion.
- Fry till transparent. Add dhania powder, chillipowder in the oil
- Fry for a minute and then add cooked gourd.
- Fry well till gourd changes its colour.
- Add salt, jaggery and just before removing from fire sprinkle sesame