All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 250 gms karelas
- 1 large-sized onion
- 1 medium-sized garlic bulb
- 1 large-sized tomato
- 1 tbsp aniseed
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric pd
- 1 tsp chilli pd
- Thread for tying the karelas
- Scrape the karelas and make slits.
- Apply salt liberally in the slits and outside. Leave for 5-6 hrs.
- Knead them well till they are soft and the bitter salt water is released.
- Wash with fresh water 2-3 times and squeeze dry.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add a few karelas at a time and fry them at
low temp till brown.
- Dry roast aniseed and coriander in a hot kadai and grind.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil.
- Fry onions and garlic.
- When the masala leaves the oil and is dry, it is ready for filling
- Cool the mixture.
- Fill the masala in the karelas well.
- Tie with the thread to avoid the filling from coming out.
- Fry few pieces at a time at low temp. Do not add water.
- Add little amchur or lemon juice, if desired.
- Remove the thread before serving.