All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 large onions
- 6 garlic clovettes
- A small piece ginger
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 4 dried red chillies
- 8-10 green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf, cut into 2-3 large pieces
- 2 tbsp ghee or cooking oil
Serve hot with any Indian bread or steamed rice.
- Blend together 1 onion, garlic, ginger, peppercorns, chillies, cloves,
cumin and cinammon. Set aside.
- Mince the remaining onion.
- Heat the oil and add the bay leaf and minced onion and fry on high
- When the onion turns light brown, add the blended masala and continue
to fry on high heat till oil starts leaving the side of the masala.
This will take in the vicinity of 12-16 mins.
- Now remove from heat, add the tomatoes, drained beans and salt to
- Add water as needed. Usually about 1 cup of water is enough for a
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add the coriander leaves and lime juice.
- Mix well and heat for about 3-4 minutes.