All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2-3 cloves
- 1-2 bayleaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 big onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 spice cardamom
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped green coriander for garnishing
Serve it hot with roti or paratha.
- Cut onion and garlic into thin slices and grate the ginger.
- Wash the cauliflower and make small slits in it from base as well
as top but don't cut it.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Coarsely crush the cardamom and cloves and
add it to oil along with the bay leaves.
- When they turn brown, add sliced onions and garlic and fry them till
golden brown and then add turmeric.
- Now add red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, grated ginger and
tomatoes and fry them for a minute.
- Now place the cauliflower and gently spread the masala evenly over
it wit h the help of a spatula and place a tightly covered lid over
it and reduce the heat to low.
- Don't add water, there will be enough water for the cauliflower to
be cooked if the lid is tight enough so that vapours don't escape. Stir
it occasionally and gently till the cauliflower is cooked. 20-30 min
- Garnishing with chopped coriander