All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Ladyfinger Carrot Masala
- 15 - 20 ladiesfinger (bhindi)
- 3 carrots (gajar)
- Green chillies
- Black pepper
- Dry red pepper, dhania seeds, sesame, cumin
- Curry leaves, tamarind paste, salt, soya bean oil, butter, oil
- Cut the Ladiesfinger into small pieces and saute it in about 2 tablespoon
of soya bean oil adding salt and black pepper to taste. Saute till the
ladiesfingers are not sticky and keep it aside.
- Roast and Grind with soya bean oil to smooth and thick paste with:
- 2 tablespoon of dhania seeds
- 2 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of salt
- 5 dry red pepper
- Wet grind to a paste
- Two large onions, cut two 1" fresh ginger pieces
- Cut 3 Carrots length wise and apply the masala paste got in step
2. Then saute it in about 2 tablespoon of butter adding salt to taste
- In a non stick kadai, add 4-5 tablespoons of oil and pour the wet
onion paste got in step 3, 4 length wise slit green chillies and saute
it until the chillies get a yellow hue.
- Add 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste and 1/2 cup water and continue heating.
- When this starts boiling, add the carrots sauted in butter and the
bhindi (ladiesfinger) and more salt to taste.
- Garnish it with curry leaves.