All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Stuffed Green Tomatoes
- 9 medium size green tomatoes
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 9 toothpicks
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- One 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Serve it hot with naan, roti or rice.
- Take the cap off the tomatoes. Extract half of the pulp out of tomatoes.
- Save the pulp for gravy.
- Heat two tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add besan and stir continously till it turns light brown.
- Take it off the stove and then add, salt, chilli powder, fennel seed
and mango powder.
- Mix it well.
- Now stuff halved tomatoes with this mixture.
- Put the cap back on tomatoes and secure them with toothpicks.
- Heat the remaining oil in kadai. Add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Add tomato pulp, salt, chilli powder and turmeric.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stuffed tomatoes now and simmer it till it becomes soft.
- Garnish with corainder leaves.