All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Medium sized Karela - Half Kg.
- Curd - Half cup
- Onions (medium sized, cut length wise) - Three
- Tomatoes (medium sized, cut to small pieces) - Three
- Garam Masala - One Tea Spoon
- Turmeric Powder - One fourth Tea Spoon
- Red Chilli Powder - Half Tea Spoon
- Dhania Powder - One and a half Tea Spoon
- Oil - One and a half Table Spoon
- Oil (to deep fry Karela)
- Salt (to marinate Karela)
- Peel the karelas and keep the rind aside.
- Make a cut (length wise) on the Karelas.
- Smear the Karelas with salt all over and also inside the cut and
- If you want to put the rind in the subzi then, put some salt in the
rind, mix well and leave overnight.
- Wash the Karelas thoroughly (4-5 times) under running water and drain,
also wash the rind thoroughly.
- Deep fry the Karelas on medium flame, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Fry the onions, until golden brown, add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes
- Add all the spices and a little water, fry the masala for 2 minutes.
- Add curd and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fried Karelas (and the rind) and cover, let it cook till
Karelas become soft.