All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Six medium potatoes
- Two medium, ripe tomatoes
- Half inch ginger
- One medium onion
- Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Two green chillies
- Four tablespoons cooking oil
Serve this dish with hot, fresh chappati and curds.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in four pieces each and soak them in
- Slice the onion thin and mince/grate ginger.
- Cut tomatoes in six pieces each.
- Heat oil in a cooker on medium high and add jeera, onion, ginger,
tomatoes, haldi, green chillies and garam masala.
- Stir everything till this masala leaves the oil.
- Add the potatoes, mix them well with the masala.
- Add one cup water and close the lid of the cooker. Remove it from
heat after two whistles. Open the cooker after fifteen minutes.