All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 5 good sized Potatoes
- Kasoori Methi (Roughly a handful, if dry)
- 3 Tomatoes
- 3 onions
- Some Green Chillies
- Mustard Seeds
- Salt accroding to taste
Serve with jeera rice or roti.
- Boil the potatoes,peel the skin and cut in pieces
- Cut the tomatoes and onions.
- Mash the ginger ,garlic and chillies to a paste.
- In the pressure cooker add 8-10 tbsps of oil or 4 tbsps ghee. And
heat it. Now add 1tbsp jeera and mustard seeds and simmer till you hear
- Now add the cut onions and fry till they become brown. Add tomatoes
and simmer till the mixture becomes pulpy and starts sticking to the
bottom. Add 1 to 11/2 tbsp of garam masala , 1/2 to 1 tbsp of chilli
- Add the potatoes to this mixture and stir well. Take care that the
boiled potatoes do not break while stirring or it will spoil the fun.
- In a separate vessal,take a handful of Kasoori Methi and add water
and some salt. Heat this gently so that the dry methi becomes wet.
- Add this mixture to the pressure cooker containing potatoes. Now
add salt to taste , 1/2 tbsp haldi for color.
- Mash the ginger garlic chilli together to make a paste and add it
to our subji.
- To add a little more taste, put in 2 tbsp of tomato chilli sauce.
This is optional.
- Finally add suitable quantity of water. Note the water quantity should
be inclusive of the water added in step 7. Advised to put 5-6 cups of
- Put the lid and let it cook till 3 whistles. For best results let
the dish simmer for an additional 10 minutes without covering.