All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- White Kabuli Channa -150 gms
- Churan - 100 gms - sliced medium of 1/2" cubes/dices
- Tamarind paste or liquidised - 1 cup
- Tomato puree - 15 grms
- Tomato medium - 2- Cut into small pieces
- Onion medium - 2 teaspoons (finely cut)
- Coconut - scrapped - 6 tea spoons
- Green Chillies - 2
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tea spoon
- Masala powder
- Coriander leaves
- Oil - one teaspoon
- Muster seeds and Urad dal
- Soak the Channa over night in water pinched with salt.
- Drain the water, and steam it on a cooker/rice cooker. And keep aside.
- Prepare Tamarind juice from the tamarind paste to 2 cups.
- Saute in little oil Scrapped Coconut and Chillies.
- Grind the coconut and chillies and make it as paste and keep aside.
- Heat little oil in a cooking vessel, add mustard seeds, urad dal,
masala powder and onion and saute them.
- To the above add salt, tamarind juice, sliced churan and keep them
for 5 minutes and boil it till churan is soft.
- Add to this liquid turmeric and chilli powder while the above is
- After that add coconut paste and tomato puree to the above and boil
for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add to this blended kurma , the already boiled channas and keep it
on the heat for 2 mts.
- Garnish the top with finely chopped coriander leaves.