All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Potatoes-1 big .
- Kala Chana-1 medium cup soaked overnight in water.
- Tomatoes-2 ripe
- Red Chillies- 8 or 9.
- Saunf -2 teaspoons.
- Coconut- grated, 1 cup.
- Sambhar Powder-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp.
- A few curry leaves and coriander leaves to garnish.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes
- Cut one-fourth of the onion and fry it lightly along with red chillies,
saunf and coconut till light brown. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil and fry the remaining three-fourth of the onion chopped
into pieces. When the onion changes colour add turmeric powder and brown
grams and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now pour in a glass of water and salt, mix everything and cover the
vessel. Let it cook for nearly 10 minutes or until till the grams are
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, ground mixture and sambhar powder.
- Pour in more water, cover the vessel and let the mixture boil for
10-15 minutes on a low flame or till the potatoes are done.
- Garnish with coriander and curry leaves.